INSTAGRAM


Thursday, April 19, 2012

How I Do My Braided Top Knot


The braided top knot is probably one of my favorite ways to wear my hair on my 'not so fab' hair days or when I'm running low on time. It's super quick and easy to do, but still elegant and classy, looking like you took the time to put yourself together in the morning even if you did wake up late. 




What You Are Going To Need

Regular Comb
Teasing Comb (Optional)
Hairspray
Your Favorite Spray-on Shine
Bobby Pins
Elastic Hair Band



Tip: This works best on 'second day hair' because your hair has more texture and natural oils to keep the bun from falling out of place. Also, I have naturally curly hair, so I like to straighten my hair to give a more sleek look and show off the actual braid in my top knot.

Step 1: Comb hair into a high ponytail at the very top of your head. Try to bring it up as high as you can.

Step 2: Take the hair of your ponytail and separate it into three pieces and braid until you've reached the end of your ponytail. You can hold your braid in place by using a small rubber band. 

Step 3: Holding from the end of the braid, twist the braid around the base of your ponytail until you've made a bun. 

Step 4: Pin bun into place with your bobby pins. Once it's pinned into place you can loosen the braid by grabbing small pieces and pulling them outward to make your bun larger or add for a more messy look. 

Step 5: Using your teasing comb, apply your spray on shine and smooth fly aways. Next, apply your favorite hairspray and repeat by smoothing out any remaining fly aways and comb upward for a more sleek look. Finish off by spraying once more all over and you're all finished! I like pulling a couple of pieces out to frame my face, but just do whatever you like and think looks best on you!


I hope you enjoyed this short tutorial! If you like these types of posts, let me know in the comments! I love hearing from my followers. :) 

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram (jessmorganr)

Have a wonderful and positive day! 

Xoxo! 

4 comments:

  1. Great look! Really cute way to get your hair out of the way :)

    Karen @ http://beautyplaylist.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute love ur scarf
    http://shana-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely going to have to try this out tomorrow! I like these posts especially for myself since I am not good with fixing my hair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I'm glad you like it! I've got a new once coming up soon!

    ReplyDelete