INSTAGRAM


Thursday, April 5, 2012

Review: Maybelline The Colossal Volum' Express Mascara

I'm pretty sure if you ask any girl what's in her top 5 beauty must haves list, mascara would be close to the top. Not just any ole mascara though. It has to do the job right; Add lots of volume and elongate the lashes without clumping and flaking on the clock. A good mascara can make all the difference in the world when it comes to a face of makeup, and a bad mascara can definitely ruin a look just as easily. I'm constantly trying out new mascaras and my current fav is the Maybelline New York, The Colossal Volum' Express in Class Black- Waterproof. I like how this mascara gives me just the right amount of volume and length, making my eyes pop without making it look like my lashes are fake. Personally I like more natural looking lashes, although I do like my lashes to still stand out just enough to brighten and open up my eyes. I love the fact that I can layer this mascara up to 3 or 4 times without getting clumps and throughout the day I don't seem to have any issues with flaking. I have very sensitive eyes, so some mascaras can cause itching close to my lash line. I have yet to experience any issues with sensitivity with this mascara. It is waterproof so it is very long lasting. It lasts me all day until I remove it at night during my skin care regiment. You will need an eye makeup remover that removes waterproof makeup. If you're looking for a mascara that can do all of the things I've mentioned then you should definitely try this out. Even if you're a false lashes wearer, pop this on top and your eyes will look fantastic! In my opinion, you can spend tons of money on expensive mascaras like Benefit They're Real and Lancome Hypnose, or you can  try out this mascara which does an awesome job at an even more awesome price point! I believe I bought this for about 7 bucks at the drug store. Mascaras dry out so quickly and are used up so frequently that I just prefer drugstore over more high end brands. If you try it out, let me know what you think! 

Follow if you enjoy beauty blogs and check me out on Twitter! @jessicar009

Also, follow the link to my husband's fitness blog if you enjoy all things fitness! Mind4Fitness

Xoxo!

No comments:

Post a Comment