INSTAGRAM


Monday, July 9, 2012

Neutral Eyes With a Pop of Color!



Hello, my beautiful friends! 
I've gotten so many compliments on and questions about this eye look I've been wearing so I decided to share! I'm not a daring person when it comes to color on the eyes. I prefer very natural or neutral tones; I love browns and golds, they're probably my top picks for eyeshadows. But just because I'm not into wearing a lot of color on my lids doesn't mean I don't love bright colored eyeshadows. My favorite way to pull these colors off is by applying them to the bottom lash line. I like to pair them with a white or peach toned eyeliner to amp up the color pay off. Dipping your brush in a little water to make the shadows wet also increases the pigmentation of the shadows and the staying power. This makes it look more like an eyeliner rather than an eyeshadow. 
Another great way to wear them is on the top lash line as a colored liquid liner. Just follow the same steps and apply to the top lash line as your favorite winged liner and go a little more neutral on the bottom lash line. This will really make the color pop! 
For my skin tone, I love pairing these looks with peach tone shadows to match my complexion and a little bit of pearl colored eyeshadow to highlight the inner corners and tear duct of my eyes.
What do you think of this look?
If you're afraid of color, try this out and let me know how it turned out! 

XoXo,
Jessica 




2 comments:

  1. This is BEAUTIFUL! ! I love that color purple... almost a pink color!:) I want to go try this tomorrow now to switch up my day-to-day looks! I always forget about colored liner... lol!

    Xoxo, Carlene
    http://www.queencarlene.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm obsessing over doing this with so many different colors! I wanna see what you come up with!! :)

    ReplyDelete